SUPPORTING OUR SUPPLIERS THROUGH THE COVID-19 CRISIS
We’re sure you will be aware of the current advice and guidance available to support contracting authorities and suppliers deal with the impact of COVID-19, but we thought it would be helpful to provide a summary of some of the most recent advice and let you know what we at Consortium Procurement are also doing to support our members.
- Procurement Policy Notes:
- 01/20: Responding to COVID-19 – sets out that contracting authorities can procure goods, services and works with extreme urgency under regulation 32(2)(c) of the Public Contract Regulations 2015 – click HERE.
- 02/20: Supplier relief due to COVID-19 – sets out information and guidance for public bodies on payment of their suppliers, ensuring service continuity during and after the current outbreak.
- 03/20: Use of Procurement Cards – sets out guidance of how to use these during the crisis – click HERE.
- A package of measures to support businesses – including but not limited to: Job Retention Scheme, Business Interruption Loan Scheme for SME’s and Statutory Sick Pay relief – click HERE.
- Whilst we appreciate this is a very difficult time for all our members, in line with current government guidance and ensuring the safety of all, we will be continuing to contact Supply Partners in April for their annual compliance updates; such as insurances, adherence to industry regulations and certificates etc.
- We have written to all Supply Partner members to understand how they are dealing with the outbreak and assess any possible risks. We want to extend our sincere thanks to suppliers for the quick turnaround in providing these to us.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any queries. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.